Saturday, July 3, 2010

If your brother ever runs for the U.S. Senate...

...I would highly recommend going to his election night party.  We weren't really sure what was going to happen at this little get-together, but it far exceeded our expectations.  All of my siblings, most of their spouses, and several nieces and nephew were there, along with Sharon's family, Michael's campaign staff, and lots of Mike Lee supporters.  We were all incredibly nervous for him!  As soon as the results started coming in when the polls closed at 8:00, we moved over to the screen that displayed the results, and stayed there for the duration of the evening.  It was so scary, yet exciting each time the board was updated; it was like the best, most exciting football game ever.  My sisters and I were cheering and dancing and yelling all night long.  My mom told us that we were embarrassing, and that we needed to calm down, but Michael said he loved it, and we should keep up the craziness.  We ignored my mom and listened to Michael; it was his party, after all.  At the end of the night, I had a sore throat and a headache from all the cheering, but it was well worth it.  Final score:  Bridgewater 48.46%, Lee 51.54%
Steve, Ryan and Bret checking stats and comparing data

Nicole stopped by after getting her hair cut.  Thanks for coming, Nicole!

3 comments:

Britten & Chelsea Maughan said...

That really was one of the more fun nights to date!

Natalie said...

So exciting, can only imagine the cheers and anticipation as the results unfolded!! Hopefully you'll be back out in November! Congrats, I am so glad he WON!

3WimmerBoys said...

Truly one of the most fun nights of my life!